What is a Celebrant?
A Celebrant, like myself, is trained to co-create and conduct ceremonies which mark key events in people’s lives. (See some ceremonies I’ve been involved in here. And find out more about me here)
Some common ceremonies include: (click title for details)
Why choose a Celebrant?
There are various reasons to choose a Celebrant:
– You want complete freedom to have a ceremony which expresses your love, relationships or loss, exactly the way which suits you.
– If you married abroad, and also want to mark your new life together here with family and friends. Or vice versa, you had a legal ceremony here, and want to have a ceremony abroad with family and friends.
– You already have an idea of the ceremony you want, and just need someone to help make it a reality.
– You choose who conducts your ceremony, someone you can build a good working relationship with over time. So on the day, it’s like being guided through your ceremony by a trusted friend or valued acquaintance.
– Celebrant ceremonies offer an affirming alternative for trans people, before, whilst or aside from embarking on paperwork with deed poll name changing or gender recognition certificates.
– You don’t want to be dictated to or restricted about the contents of your ceremony. Finding that you can’t include much wanted elements in your ceremony can be upsetting:
- You always dreamed of walking up the aisle to a particular piece of music, but it’s deemed as having “religious” connotations, so you can’t have it.
- You want to celebrate the birth or adoption of a much longed for baby with a Naming Ceremony of some kind, but what you want is regarded as too “spiritual” or not religious enough.
- You want a Celebration of Life ceremony which reflects the memory of your loved one and thier life, but some of the readings, poems or music you choose aren’t classed as suitable.
- You want your wedding held at a place which has special meaning to you as a couple, but it’s not licenced for marriage, so you can’t have it there.
- You want a ceremony which incorporates aspects of your different non-religious/secular or spiritual beliefs, but you’re told only secular beliefs can be included.
- Similarly, wanting a wedding which honours both of your different religious or spiritual backgrounds in some way, but finding you can either have only one persons honoured in a religious setting, or neither at a registry office.
Your ceremony, is about YOU! Your relationship, your family, your loved one. So it’s only right that it’s your choice.
That’s why people choose a celebrant, because they can have what they want, where they want.
Please contact me and together let’s design the perfect ceremony which is truly right for you.